Woman at the well, why? Why not?
By Ivan Ho First written 20 Jun 2015
Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well
1. The woman wasn’t a man.
2. The woman wasn’t Jewish, didn’t have the same D N A.
3. The woman wasn’t religious, wasn’t a church goer.
4. The woman wasn’t a leader, didn’t have any achievements of note.
5. The woman had a checkered history, have had many husbands in the past.
6. The woman wasn’t under authority, probably didn’t know what authority meant.
So, of all people, why did Jesus choose to speak to her?
7. The woman had one quality that many don’t have: When Jesus asked her to fetch him a drink, she RESPONDED!